Logo by dainbramage - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 24, 2024, 03:12:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Powersave active CPU, Proc priority, change history, combine big render tiles  (Read 3307 times)
Saquedon
Conqueror

saquedon Saquedon saquedon
« on: February 18, 2012, 04:10:31 AM »

THIS THREAD HAS BEEN REMOVED

Since it seemed to cause offense to some users.

Sorry to have wasted your time.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 12:33:17 PM by Saquedon » Logged

taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 05:42:42 AM »

But i think the powersave thing really is something that needs to be looked at first. I hope this is of help to improve the program.

http://www.fractalforums.com/general-discussion/windows-7-sleep-mode

searching within forums sometimes also makes sense  wink

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 12:39:07 PM »

At least half of what you said was wrong, so why i should do what you are telling if you are not doing your homework?
The processor count was never stored in the parameters, and the thread priority can be stored in the ini in the current program version.
It is not easy to implement a automatic tile stitching, else i would have done it.
In the link of Win7 preventing sleepmode there are also links to some utilities that could be used, of course it might be no big problem to program such, like 1000 other things i have no time for.
And there is already enough undo and redo, for the main parameters and light seperated, so not every light change causes an additional parameter undo, so it is already smarter - in my eyes.  But i make this program in first case for myself, its ok for me.
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 12:56:05 PM »

About stichting tiles, FIJI does it nicely, on not only with tiffs. http://fiji.sc/wiki/index.php/Image_Stitching

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
kameelian
Iterator

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 01:21:46 PM »

Gosh, Saquedon,

That did seem a bit of an ungrateful and demanding way of 'asking'.

bib - I got Fiji some weeks ago - since you found it to work - but I wasn't able to get it to work properly: (file names - all or first (brackets? without brackets?).

I got in a mess and didn't spend long enough with it and really should try again. Perhaps the new numbering in Big Renders will simplify this(?)

Kam

Mandelbulb3D - Like Christmas Every morning wink
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 01:44:27 PM »

Sorry kam I forgot to mention. You'll have to use a freeware called "Bulk Rename Utility" in order to rename images sequentially e.g. (001 to 100) instead of (X01Y01 to X10Y10). No need for brackets.
http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Main_Intro.php
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 01:49:39 PM by bib » Logged

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
kameelian
Iterator

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 02:18:50 PM »

thanks!

i'll give it a try

I think you had mentioned it but I hadn't realised its importance

kam

Mandelbulb3D - Like Christmas Every morning wink
Saquedon
Conqueror

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 06:59:21 PM »

I did search for power management apparently that was the wrong keyword. But the thread still doesn't change the issue, i appreciate the workaround. But as i the link i posted clearly shows the powersave issue is something that can be addressed by telling Windows correctly when the program is active. I still do think it would a heck of a lot easier if the program did this right instead of running an external program just to address what appears to be such a simple issue.

Well perhaps the CPU setting are not stored in the parameters, perhaps it just appeared  that way to me, then it is probably caused by the undo, which again in my view is the wrong functionality. The thing is my CPU parameters keep switching back to other settings, that is what i was trying to convey here.

As i pointed out i found some programs that would stitch the tiles, but this also is a very simple thing to do. It seem needlessly cumbersome to stitch images with external programs.

My intent here is to help improve the program, these are some issues i have had working with it. If am not interested in any forum arguments in any way. In fact this kind of responses to genuine post are usually the reason i don't post on forums at all.

Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2012, 10:15:17 PM »

Where is the problem, i am genuine too, you do think it would be easy to implement stitching of huge images, also i told you it is not for me.
A 32 bit program is limited in memory and without png units that can write the huge image line by line, it would be not possible to stitch very huge files.  Getting such png units and implementing everything is not that easy for me.  I only can repeat until you believe or not.

If you got often such annoying replies in forums, you might spend a little selfcriticism maybe if this could be of your posting:
"Another thing about the program that annoys me are there is no combine big render tiles utility."

Can you believe me that such postings can annoy me too?
More of these postings and i feel sorry that i have done it at all and plenty of functions i am not using myself.

So my a little unpolite answer was just to get rid of it and continue with my stuff, i am only a human beeing like we all.
I was thinking of ignoring your post because i felt not lucky with it, but to make things clear is often a better way.

taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2012, 11:20:08 PM »

dear saquedon,

i have to agree with jesse and kam. your suggestions sound more like demands and you dont need to be astonished, when you get answers, that sound similar.
be aware, that jesse didn't forget to implement something correctly, windows changed its behavior in v7! so you better complain in redmont.
for me your "power save issue" was never a problem. i used third party solutions under xp and i do so under 7, as they give me much flexibility, without the need of coding cryptic cli commands.

in general when you work with freeware and open source programs, you are well advised to deal with the given possibilities instead of complaining about the things you personally think they are missing.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 11:24:43 PM by taurus66 » Logged

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
lenord
Fractal Bachius

No Matter where you go there you are

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2012, 12:17:35 AM »

Right on guys, I get really annoyed when I see someone pissing and moaning about something wrong with MB3D when it's provided for FREE. Jesse goes way above and beyond in his constant upgrading of the program, hell you don't get that kinda action from vendors who sell their programs for $100s. After reading Saquedon's post I was glad to see Jesse get a bit miffed(if it would have been me Id have been Hostile) and ya'll  backing him up, Good on ya's.
PhotoComix
Strange Attractor

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2012, 03:29:58 AM »

i often can't resist to suggest  new features but pretending in such way would be impolite even if you was a client of a very pricey software

But if you think is something so easy to implement have a look to Mandelbulber, it is a different program but for similar tasks ,works well also on windows and since is Open Source you will be free to show how easy is implement your request

And in case you will get just compliments for your contribution
Saquedon
Conqueror

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2012, 12:13:36 PM »

I am sorry you feel you need to take my suggestions in this way.

I will gladly remove them to stop causing all this animosity.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 12:31:02 PM by Saquedon » Logged

DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2012, 04:58:30 PM »

Okay, I can safely lock it then

Goodbye

Stop !!

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print