Logo by Maya - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 01:27:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Point & Click Adventure / Side Scrolling Shooter Game  (Read 2697 times)
Description: Point & Click Adventure / Side Scrolling Shooter Game
Pangaea
Navigator

« on: February 07, 2012, 03:51:39 PM »

Although im lacking in any real programming skills I would be much interested in trying to come up with a nicely polished point and click adventure, or side scrolling shooter game using themed 3d fractal images.
What I can do:
Im fairly good with graphics in general, so can work on general graphics for the game.
Im pretty experienced with sound and music production
I have a wealth of ideas and concepts
I am willing to learn at least the bread and butter of programming to help out with who ever is working on the the programming end of things.

I did attempt to make a game based on fractal images before.. its a card guessing game demonstration. all gfx, fractals, music and sound was created by myself, however I eventually reached a brick wall in terms of programming knowledge so did not continue to develop it.. You can check it out and play the demo here:
www.fractalscapes.net/PanGames/Fractiles_0_2.rar
rar as been thoroughly checked for nasties
the rar contains a document also that breaks down on what the game should have been if finished working on it.

I think any game based on fractals, even if they are only background images..etc would be rather unique, and certainly would generate interest within the indie game scene/community

anyway, I cant work on such a concept on my own, apart from producing some example screenshots of what the game "may" look like. I will certainly need someone to do the programming or at least help out with my very little programming skills.

have mull over it

regards
pan

Pangaea
Navigator

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 06:11:49 PM »

Well i have decided to give this a bash. However im not under any illusion here and relies this is going to take a long time, and will be alot of work, so if anyone wants to pitch in be my guest.

I have settled on a Graphical text adventure game.. , some or all of the graphics (levels) will be animated and/or have certain interactivity to them. The game will also feature some really ambient atmospheric music too as to add to the atmosphere.

The game will take place in some alternate dimension , or far off region of the universe, and will tour various planets, and other areas. The game will "obviously" be surreal and somewhat abstract.. I have still to come up with a story line too.

Just as a quick exercise, and to show you two examples
First pic is an example of a scene on a particular planet, this anim is very very short, but you can get the general idea of what i mean about animated ambience within the graphics themselves.. So ideally here you should see a nice slowly scrolling clouds backdrop and gusty dusty wind to foreground... Doing this helps to take the static look out of each image.

http://www.fractalscapes.net/designs/3dfrac/index.html

Although i have not animated clouds..etc on this, I am showing you here a simple example of an interactive feature on this particular scene on what could be another planet surface.
If you click on the the "hidden" ball ,.. it will rise in a jet
its rather badly done, but its just a quick example for you and "idea exercise for me"
<a href="http://www.fractalscapes.net/designs/3dfrac/game/0002.swf" target="_blank">http://www.fractalscapes.net/designs/3dfrac/game/0002.swf</a>

anyway.. i hope to make a full on start with this soon.. i guess the first thing is to start rendering lots and lots of backdrops or scenes in mb3d.. while im doing that ill develop a story around the whole idea.

Ill keep u al posted.. and once again if anyone has any idea, or thinks of some other areas they could help ... would be great smiley

regards

« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 06:34:16 PM by Pangaea » Logged
eiffie
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 07:15:26 PM »

With audio effects as well - sounds like it could be fun! Good luck. If there is a particular programming hurdle just give a shout out.
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 10:47:27 PM »

I always wanted to do a textual adventure for ages but I am toooo lazy

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: