Logo by stardust4ever - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2024, 01:55:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: mandelbulber bug report  (Read 2318 times)
Description: potential bug in mandelbulber 1.10
taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« on: January 30, 2012, 11:13:26 PM »

hi there,

i encountered some strange behaviour of mandelbulber (win 64bit version).

the maked "rainbow stripe" within the image stays just there, regardles of color offset, color speed and mandelbox coloring setup. first i thought it is due to a long run - bulber was active a few days and a couple of sleep modes, but saving and loading after a restart doesn't change anything.
removed the complete palette from the fract-file with a text editor and here it gets really strange. the parameter opens with exactlly the same colors, no matter which palette loaded before. zooming or panning changes sometimes the shape of that stripe, but in principle it stays the same...

i attached the full parameter with asking for help. i'm at a loss...

and by the way, what is that white stripe in shader tab? is it because the window grew over time and the color slots did not? or is there a correlation to the described problems?

* bug_report.fract (3.32 KB - downloaded 173 times.)

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
Buddhi
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 06:42:36 PM »

hi there,

i encountered some strange behaviour of mandelbulber (win 64bit version).

the maked "rainbow stripe" within the image stays just there, regardles of color offset, color speed and mandelbox coloring setup. first i thought it is due to a long run - bulber was active a few days and a couple of sleep modes, but saving and loading after a restart doesn't change anything.
removed the complete palette from the fract-file with a text editor and here it gets really strange. the parameter opens with exactlly the same colors, no matter which palette loaded before. zooming or panning changes sometimes the shape of that stripe, but in principle it stays the same...

i attached the full parameter with asking for help. i'm at a loss...

and by the way, what is that white stripe in shader tab? is it because the window grew over time and the color slots did not? or is there a correlation to the described problems?

Hi

It's a strange problem. I have reproduced the same behavior on my computer but for now I have no idea what could cause this. I have to analyse colouring algorithm line by line.
This stripe on right side in shader tab has nothing in common with this problem. It's because palette has always the same with in this window (this is not perfect)

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: