Logo by wmauzey - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 07:31:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: [SOLVED] Help : map not found  (Read 566 times)
PhotoComix
Strange Attractor

« on: January 29, 2012, 05:11:45 PM »

for some reason MD3D can't find anymore the maps

Map folder is in the same position, i try to unistall and reinstall but didn't solve

maybe are preferences or path stored somewhere that create the problem ?

any suggestion  ?

PS the first maps are that included in the program but even that are not seen

PS a quick question about map, some of mine are in rgba and may have some semitransparent pixels:
transparency, semitransparent or simply a Alpha channel may cause problem ?
Maybe i should take care to convert from RGBA to RGB ?
..hum ..the problem should be another i just try again to reinstall, without add any map parameter or whatelse still the program can't find its folder map
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 05:42:32 PM by PhotoComix » Logged
PhotoComix
Strange Attractor

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 05:20:57 PM »

i only see now that there is a new version, i try to unistall again make a general cleaning and see if a clean install of the new version solve

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 05:31:05 PM »

Check the INI DIRS button under the Utilities tab.

It sets Default Folders for many things and could be the problem if it reset somehow.

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
PhotoComix
Strange Attractor

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 05:41:51 PM »

Yes that did the trick! SOLVED !
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 06:17:22 PM »

Presets, ini-file and formula copies are stored in the users local appdata folder, like:
drive:\users\*name*\appdata\local\mandelbulb3d\

Because the folders for maps etc are stored in the ini-file and the new "installed" program uses also this file, the new directories could not be found.
Saying this, it would make some sense if every program would have its own ini-file in its program folder!?

Maybe in the next update  A Beer Cup
PhotoComix
Strange Attractor

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 08:06:34 PM »

Because the folders for maps etc are stored in the ini-file and the new "installed" program uses also this file, the new directories could not be found.
Saying this, it would make some sense if every program would have its own ini-file in its program folder!?

yes will make sense if the ini file would be stored inside the program folder will also make the program portable...i mean transferable :
 it will not make much sense run MD3D from a USB drive because the USB connection would be a bottleneck but  make sense copy from the desktop to the laptop with all the custom addiction for formula parameters and map

BUT not sure if is worth additional effort : the INI DIRS  button solve well it is just a bit hidden, and the label chose it is correct but a bit cryptic

Maybe place it in a more visible place and rename "Preferences " would help new users as me to found it without need to ask advice (again it is not in the wrong place and the label is technically correct.

i wonder is there are others "preferences " option available from somewhere else, in case maybe will be nice group them...but are details new version works as a charm !

PS http://www.gimpchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3642&start=0
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: