Logo by DarkBeam - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2024, 06:37:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Hello from Germany :-)  (Read 1043 times)
thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« on: January 25, 2012, 12:16:57 AM »

Greetings to all :-)
I was led to this forum from deviantart and are feeling really overwhelmed because it seems to be so tremendous - wow cheesy

I would guess I'm not the typical user here, therefore some more words ;-)
Many years ago I was developing lot's of graphic stuff (including fractals) for the Amiga. But after the Amiga "died" I stopped creating my own stuff and was just busy with lots of other things. One year ago I started to create a free Java-based image/animations processing software. I was so overwhelmed by seeing what is now possible and how fast it is that I even came back to fractals.
Then I discovered fractal flames invented by Scott Draves and got VERY addicted to them! cheesy
In fact I got so addicted that meanwhile I'm the author of a powerful fractal flame editor inspired by flam3 and Apophysis:  T.I.N.A./JWildfire.
And I would be glad to share/discuss/improve it with (some of) you :-)

As a Hello here is recent render (tonemapped HDR, but raw fractal), I hope you will like it :-)

Best regards
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 12:21:51 AM »

Welcome to the forums! Glad to see more coders, your program looks great, I don't remember where I found the link recently, oh yes I think I remember, there was someone on DA who thought it was a Mandelbulb renderer cheesy

But, wait, another German guy? That's not possible, we have reached the maximum quota of German people here  cheesy This forum is already owned by a German guy, and the programmer of the most popular bulb renderer is German too!

Again, a Warm Welcome in any case. I'm not a coder, but there is plenty of them around cheesy wink

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 12:26:26 AM »

Mmmmh, we always talk about the coast of Britain, but there must something really special with the fractal dimension of the Germany border  suspious cheesy suspious

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 12:29:04 AM »

Hehe, thank you for the warm welcome :-)
I just like to tell others quickly that I'm German because I need an excuse for my sometimes broken English cheesy But at least I'm always in learning mode ;-)
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 01:14:46 AM »

hello and welcome to the forums!

be sure to check out the howto for how to render a mandelbulb with plain transformations in apophysis, and most likely in your  program as well wink
http://www.fractalforums.com/images-showcase-%28rate-my-fractal%29/yes!-a-mandelbulb-in-apophysis!!!/msg20289/#msg20289

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 01:27:12 AM »

Hello and thanks, this is indeed very cool :-) I will try this tomorrow and show you the results (if there are any interesting) :-)
jehovajah
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

May a trochoid in the void bring you peace

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 10:36:56 AM »

Hello!
I know you have bern a member for some time but this is the first day I have recognised your work, which is really exciting.
I have added you to my buddy list so I can more easily follow your work.

I am busy right now so I probably will only drop in from time to time, but I just wanted to let you know I welcome your involvement in the forum and your attitude!
As much as possible Fractalforums should be a place of peaceful coexistence, despite the creative process! grin

May a trochoid of ¥h¶h iteratively entrain your Logos Response transforming into iridescent fractals of orgasmic delight and joy, with kindness, peace and gratitude at all scales within your experience. I beg of you to enrich others as you have been enriched, in vorticose pulsations of extravagance!
thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2014, 02:57:05 PM »

Thank you very much for your kind feedback and welcome :-) I'm glad that you like both my work and my attitude.
And I hope I will find the time to show some more animation work soon (which would be also a great passion if I had the time for it), but first I must finish the next release :-)

Andreas
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: